Thursday 22 July 2010

Montevetro, Geese and Educational Assessments.


This evening Nick and I visited a friend who has just moved in to Montevetro, the apartment building on the Thames at Battersea designed by Richard Rogers. What a beautiful place, spacious and airy with a great view of the River. She has two cats and they are still finding their paws in the new place, but they are as pleased as our friend is with the gorgeously light spaces. Only problem is they are tormented by the Canada geese who waddle past and jeer at them in the mornings. She gave me a present of a beautiful jacket, black silk with gold embroidery, which had belonged to her mother. I am absolutely delighted with such a lovely and unexpected gift.

I am gradually getting through my backlog of reports that I have to write: Two educational assessments and one feedback on one of my students written assignments. The difference is striking and reminds me of how radically my work has changed now from when I worked for the Inner London Education Authority as a Consultant Educational Psychologist. It is good to do assessments with adults as well as children these days, it reminds me of the old times when life was certain and only based in the physical world. Now, running the Soul Therapy Centre, my work takes in the magical world of spiritual healing and subtle energy techniques that are so fundamental to health and wellbeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment