Monday 5 December 2011

I have my wings back!



This summer, just before we were due to set off to Uzbekistan to travel the Silk Road, I began to notice that I had some worrying health symptoms. A trip to see Paul of Tarsus, my psychic surgeon who successfully operated on my knee injury confirmed that I did indeed have a heart condition that needed urgent attention. Off I went to my GP, who hit the roof when she found out that my cholesterol level was the highest she and her colleagues had ever found (11.4,) threatened to put me in the Guinness Book of Records, and bundled me off to the local hospital for investigations. The cardiologist forbade me to fly, which put paid to our Silk Road plans, so we drove to Holyhead and caught the ferry to Eire, arriving in Dublin just in time for the worst floods in around fifty years ! Luckily we were staying at the Clontarf Castle, an eleventh century castle (on a hill) developed into a beautiful hotel, so we didn't drown. We spent some time in County Wicklow's beautiful scenery, visiting Powerscourt to see their celebrated gardens, next before heading over to Dingle on the west coast because I yearned to meet Fungie, the legendary dolphin who hangs out in Dingle Bay.

fungie (93K) We were lucky, he decided to come and play with us, swimming around, racing alongside our boat, sitting up and looking for all the world as if he were smiling at us. Quite an exhilarating and blissful experience. The boat crew told us that once they threw him some fish and he dived down and surfaced with his own fish in his mouth, showing them that he was there for the company, not to beg for food! He was first seen in the bay in the early 1980s, shortly after a female dolphin - probably his mate? - was washed up dead on the beach, and he has never left the bay since. He was befriended by local fishermen and is the self-appointed pilot for all the boats in the bay. He just likes human company. He was a fully grown adult in 1984, so he must be at least thirty years old now, quite a grand old age.

Later in November, still forbidden to fly, I had to make a business trip to Milan to give a Feng Shui consultation to some lovely clients who had bought a fabulous apartment in a massive town villa near the Brera Academy in the Historical Quarter of the city. My generous clients invited Nick too, and so we travelled by Eurostar to Paris and caught the TGV train from Paris to Milan. It was the weekend that Silvio Berlusconi had to resign as Italian Prime Minister and so everyone was in a party mood. I bought a beautiful red fan in a shop in the elegant arcade leading to the Duomo, and even the shop assistant asked us if we had come to "help to celebrate our freedom?"

On Friday I went to the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead to have an angiogram and my doctors were pretty certain that it would show that I needed an angioplasty to insert stents to unblock my arteries. Luckily, apart from taking the statins and aspirin that my GP insisted I take I had also been treating myself with bioresonance on the Living Information Forms Energy (LIFE) System, taking Serranol (main ingredient serrapeptase, an enzyme that unblocks arteries,) CircuFlow (a combination of herbs &c containing hawthorn berry and horsetail) which is brilliant for the circulation system, and CoQ10, which metabolises excess cholesterol. As a result, the consultant cardiologist told me that I had "beautiful arteries"!

Since August, I had adjusted my diet by cutting out dairy and animal fat (even though it has been demonstrated that dietary intake of cholesterol has no bearing whatsoever on the cholesterol production in the liver) and adding oats, almonds and other cholesterol-busting stuff, and by Friday I had lost around 20 lbs and my cholesterol level was down to 4.8 - which my GP thought was absolutely brilliant and only due to the statins. I can see that I have a long argument with her ahead of me. She has never heard of serrapeptase, bioresonance, or the other natural herbal and mineral supplements I am taking, and attributes my amazingly good results solely to her prescribed drug! Bless her .............

Anyway, now that my heart and circulation have been proved to be OK, I can fly again - so the world is once again my oyster! I am amazed at how limited I felt, even though I probably wouldn't have wanted to fly off anywhere these last few weeks it was just the irritating idea that I wasn't allowed, otherwise my insurance wouldn't have covered me.
So now I am back on my Magic Carpet and can go anywhere again. I am a very happy bunny once more - see above!

No comments:

Post a Comment