Tuesday 4 August 2009


These days I am receiving quite a few interesting referrals of security guards who have been traumatised as victims of robberies. What I am finding is really fascinating; it is that when I begin to give healing to them, I quite often find that their aura is not so much in their physical bodies and they have "hidden" themselves energetically elsewhere. Not surprising, having found themselves at the business end of a gun being wielded by an aggressively yelling bank robber. My task is first to find a tiny remnant of their aura (human energy field) and attempt to coax it back and align it with their physical body. When I mentioned this to one of my clients, he became very animated and said yes, he had indeed felt very "absent" and found himself frequently "somewhere else." As he is recovering, he can feel the healing energy flowing again now when I work. Interestingly also, one of my clients has studied martial arts for many years and I am finding that there are many parallels between my advice and the advice of his Sensei. There is nothing new under the sun, is there? The good stuff appears in so many different cultures under different guises. When we work with the quality of a person's present consciousness, and the usefulness also of altered states of consciousness, I find that Buddhism especially has much to offer. The practice of mindfulness is particularly pertinent to much of our spiritual understandings.


No comments:

Post a Comment